From: A History of the County of Surrey: Volume 3. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1911.
Parishes: Richmond (anciently Sheen):
“…Richmond, from its entrance on the north, extends for about a mile to the crest of the hill. The road from Kew, leaving the Old Deer Park on the right, passes between shops and above the combined stations of the London and South-Western Railway (over which the North London Railway has running powers) and the Metropolitan and District Railways, to the beginning of George Street, where it is joined by the road from Sheen, which, running parallel with the railway, leads from the lower end of Queen’s Road. The fire-engine station is situated at the angle formed by the junction of Kew and Sheen roads…”