From website of The Twickenham Museum:
“…Many of the beer houses were built after the Manor of Teddington was sold in 1862. This released much land and the population soared, aided by the arrival of the railway in 1863; a population of 1183 in 1861 rose almost four-fold to 4063 in 1871.
As Teddington continued to be opened up for housing, further pubs were built. The Builders Arms in Field Lane opened in 1865 and probably catered originally for builders and other tradesmen working in the area. The Mason’s Arms in Walpole Road opened in 1869 and the Red Lion in Stanley Road was open by that year as was the Horse and Groom in Waldegrave Road, since closed. (see image).