Shown: allegorical figure of Brotherhood.
From Historic England entry;
“SE CITY OF WESTMINSTER STRAND, WC2 60/22 Statue of W E Gladstone 24.2.58 on Island in road G.V. II Statue. 1905 by Hamo Thornycroft. Bronze statue, in Chancellor’s robes, of the Prime Minister, with bronze allegorical figures grouped round circular Portland stone pedestal on plinth.”
From: Mapping the Practice and Profession of Sculpture in Britain and Ireland 1851-1951:
“His major public monuments include: the statues of General Gordon in Trafalgar Square (1888) and Oliver Cromwell in Old Palace Yard (1899), which latter won the médaille d’honneur at the Paris world exhibition of 1900; the group of Dean Colet and two kneeling scholars at St. Paul’s School, West Kensington (1902); the national memorial to Gladstone in East Aldwych (1905); and the circular bas-relief in stone of Richard Norman Shaw in New Scotland Yard (1914). There is also a statue of Queen Victoria in the Royal Exchange, and a bronze effigy of Mandell Creighton, bishop of London, in St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Of (Hamo) Thornycroft’s works to be found outside London are the statue of King Alfred at Winchester (1901); the monument of Bishop Harvey Goodwin in Carlisle Cathedral; the Lord Armstrong memorial at Newcastle-upon-Tyne; the memorial of the viceroyalty of Lord Curzon, set up in Calcutta in 1912; the King Edward VII memorial at Karachi (1915); the war memorial at Luton (1923); and the statue of Bishop H. W. Yeatman-Biggs in Coventry Cathedral (1925).”