From the website Cinema Treasures:
“In East Twickenham, Greater London, the area alongside the road leading towards the bridge over the River Thames leading to Richmond, came to the fore after 1775, when the bridge replaced the previous ferry. Houses began to be built in the 1820’s, with the current parades of shops following in the early-1900’s.
The Grand Picture Theatre was built in 1912. The following year it was renamed the Gaiety Electric Playhouse and, in 1916, the Albert Cinema. However, for the rest of its life, it was known as the Gaiety Cinema.
In 1931, presumably not wishing to convert to sound, the cinema closed and the building became a Temperance Billiards Saloon.”