…which became a porter’s lodge, is now a private residence named The Old Dispensary.”*
*From the Lost Hospitals of London website:
“the former Teddington and Hampton Wick Cottage Hospital
…By 1881 the area had a population of around 7,000 people and the Hospital Committee decided there was a need to provide out-patient treatment and a free dispensary. Thomas Chappell therefore purchased a plot of land at the rear of the Hospital and presented it to the Committee as a site on which to build a dispensary. The dispensary opened in May 1883, at a cost of £446.
In 1885 the Matron resigned and the Committee decided to replace her with a Matron, an Assistant Matron and a cook.
In 1892, when the local population had increased to 10,000, the Hospital was extended. It then had 10 beds, staffed by a Matron and 2 trained nurses. Out-patients were charged 1s 6d (about 8p) for three weeks’ attendance.
In 1902 Thomas Chappell died and his family donated £580 to provide a new ward in his memory.
In January 1903 the dispensary was closed and converted into a porter’s lodge…”