From the website of the Twickenham Museum:
“The central western half of Hampton was still largely unbuilt on or was occupied by nurseries and glasshouses. Percy Road Council School, (above, now Hampton Juniors) was new having only opened in 1907. Percy Road was only partially built and the area between Priory Road and Oldfield Road (to the west of Linden Road) was just fields. Hatherop House was then a large building at the end of Priory Road and close to the junction with what was, at that time, called Mark Hole Lane which later became Hatherop Road.
The central eastern half of the map is bordered by the High Street running northwards towards Hampton Hill, with Bushy Park on the other side of the road. This area was still dominated by the Manor House estate, much of which was still not built on. Ormond Avenue was partially built and both Gloucester Road and Wensleydale Road had only a very few houses. The railway had cut through the Manor House estate and portions were sold off from the late 1890s. The area in the vicinity of the Manor House itself was the last to be developed and this only happened in the mid-1930s onwards.”
“There were two properties with very large amounts of land: The Manor House, and Newhouse, later known as the Old House or Old Farm House, with Chalk Farm…
…Just off the western side of High Street, where modern Manor Gardens are now located, was the Manor House. It was demolished in 1937 when this section of the Manor House Estate was being developed. In fact plots of land had been offered from 1897 onwards and numerous roads, on both sides of the railway line, occupy what was formerly part of the Estate.
These roads include Wensleydale Road, Gloucester Road, Ormond Drive, Ormond Road, Ormond Crescent, Manor Gardens and Howard Close. Other buildings “lost” in High Street include The Elms (modern 69, 73, 73A, 75 & 77 High Street) which was burnt down by suffragettes in 1913 and Beveree (43 High Street) formerly a private house now occupied by Twickenham Preparatory School.
Other lost houses in High Street include Castle House, now demolished and the site of Castle Business Village, and various other smaller cottages.
Houses lost in modern Station Road include Hill House, occupied for some years until 1776 by James Coutts of the well-known banking family. The house was demolished in 1901 for the Station Road filter beds which in turn were replaced by the Village Green housing development in 1997-98. Newhouse, as it was known in the 16th century, later the Old Farm House, stood in what became Marlborough Road. It was demolished in the 1960s. The several hundred acres of farmland were developed from 1863 onwards, with much of the land divided into nurseries. Some of these businesses lasted up to the 1970s when the bulk of the Nurserylands housing estate was developed.”