From Historic England entry:
“Public House. 1901 by Frederick Miller. Red brick and stone, slate roof. Free Jacobean style. Sited on the prominent angle with King Street. 4 storeys with attics. Ground storey of red and black granite. 3 storey oriel bay on angle. 4 un-equal bays to ground storey, with chamfered angle under oriel. Mosaic-ornamented gables, and some cut brick. Interior with some surviving original features.”
“Claimed to be on the site of the first coaching stop west after leaving the City and now handily placed between the two Hammersmith Underground stations and close to the bus station, the Swan, built in 1901 by the architect Frederick Miller in Jacobean style, is Grade II listed. Note the fine tessellated gables depicting the eponymous fowl.
Inside, wood predominates in the bustling ‘L’-shaped main room. Beyond the counter, with its fine back-bar, is more seating in the spacious corridor and alcove which formed the original hotel entrance. An ornate double staircase leads to a first-floor restaurant with its own bar and the pub’s toilets.
A good range of real ales is on offer downstairs, including some darker and some paler brews. The usual Nicholson’s menu offers traditional fare at reasonable prices throughout the pub.”
Over a year ago, Pub SignMan left this review about The Swan at pubsgalore.co.uk:
“This is a large, ornate pub close to Hammersmith tube station and handy for the Hammersmith Apollo.”