From Historic England entry:
“II Shop with residential accommodation over. Early 1880s, architect unknown. Polychrome red and brown brick, with stone voussoirs and console brackets; slate roof. Ground floor shop to front, with two storeys of accommodation over, and rear wing. Upper windows renewed and not of special interest. Projecting clock contemporary with building, on elaborate cast-iron bracket. Rear addition of 1921 by G Percy Pratt.
Ground-floor shop front with central glazed door in timber surround set well back behind curved frontage, with rounded glass sheets and scrolling, slightly art nouveau style tracery. Front window flat, but similarly set on plinth of Norwegian ‘black pearl’ granite. Above the entrance is further tracery, and mirror glass. The shop front appears to date from 1902, when plans for the remodelling of the premises were prepared by Charles Spurgeon, described as an architect from Manor Park. Interior retains cornices and lincrusta ceiling.
One of the first known occupants of the shop, documented in 1884, was E D Walters, a jeweller. By 1890 G H Stoneman, watchmaker and jeweller had moved in. The large clock was thus an elaborate advertisement, and is contemporary with the completion of the parade of shops. Stoneman leased the shop until at least 1914, and thus also commissioned the later shopfront.
Included for the rarity and quality of its art nouveau shopfront, which together with the clock above makes for a striking piece of townscape.”